Tuesday 20 August 2013

Parkinson's Disease - Ayurvedic Herbal Treatment



Parkinson's disease is a movement disorder usually seen in the elderly population. This disease is characterized by tremor, stiffness, slowness of movement and impaired balance and coordination. Usually the symptoms persist and worsen over time. Although there is currently no cure, there are many treatment options such as medication and surgery to manage the symptoms.

Parkinson's disease is known as "Kampa Vata" in Ayurveda. The comprehensive treatment which is advised in the treatment of disturbed Vata dosha is recommended in this disease too.

Levodopa is considered the standard of treatment in Parkinson's disease, and the herbal medicine Kapikachhu (Mucuna pruriens) contains levodopa in the natural form. This is used in powder form or tablet form of aqueous extract. High doses are given, which are very effective and do not usually exhibit the side effects seen with the modern chemical molecule.

Other Ayurvedic formulations which are used in Parkinson's disease are: Visha Tinduk Vati, Agni Tundi Vati, Maha Yograj Guggulu, Abhrak Bhasma, Shrunga Bhasma and Brihat Vat Chintamani. Herbal medicines which are useful are: Dashmool (Ten Roots), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) and Sarpagandha (Rauwolfia serpentina). Most of these medicines are believed to stop or slow down the degeneration of brain cells and probably help in impulse transmission in the intact cells.


The above mentioned medicines can be safely added to the current modern medicines for Parkinson's disease. The herbal medicines can be given long term and significantly reduce tremor and stiffness, and improve body coordination. Patients gain confidence and find it possible to resume their social life and have regular outings.

Some physicians advocate full body massage with Maha Narayan oil (containing mainly Asparagus racemosus), medicated enema called "Niruh Basti" with Dashmool oil, and "Anuvasan Basti" with Sahachar (Barleria prionitis) oil.

Most of the Ayurvedic formulations mentioned as "Rasayanas" (rejuvenatives) may probably be quite useful in Parkinson's disease, and indeed, all diseases resulting from ageing and degeneration, however, not much research has been done in this area.

Dr. A. A. Mundewadi is Chief Ayurvedic Physician at Mundewadi Ayurvedic Clinic based at Thane, Maharashtra, India. He is available as an online Ayurvedic Consultant  

 Dr. A. A. Mundewadi, B.A.M.S., has clinical experience of 22 years and clinical research experience of 9 years. He has published his findings of herbal treatment of HIV / AIDS in 55 patients in the Bombay Hospital Journal, Mumbai, India, July 2005 issue .

He has also successfully completed a clinical trial of herbal extract medicines in Schizophrenia compared to modern anti-psychotics, in 200 patients. He has also conducted preliminary studies of Ayurvedic herbal extracts in the treatment of Bipolar Disorder, Vascular Dementia, Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Autism, Mental Retardation, Tobacco and Alcohol Addiction, Age Related Macular Degeneration and different types of Cancer.


4 comments:

  1. Parkinson's Disease is a slowly progressive disorder of the central nervous system that affects movement, muscle control and balance. Although the exact cause of Parkinson's Disease is unknown, research has concentrated on genetics, environmental toxins, endogenous toxins and viral infection. When my grand mother started having this issue we use this medicine : Zandopa Special bundle It is highly effective and I would recommend it to all those who are suffering from this issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the age of 54 I started experiencing lack of muscle control when performing strenuous exercise. It was very periodic, as I got older, the episodes became more frequent, and I started experiencing voice box spasms, excessive sweating, and trouble swallowing. I also started to have episodes when I wasn't so active. My family doctor wasn't able to diagnose my problem, but I was sent to a neurologist and they diagnosed it as Parkinson's. All medications given were not working i had to look for an alternative treatment. I read in a health forum of a herbal clinic in Johannesburg who has a successful treatment to P.D, i immediately contacted the herbal clinic via their website (www.Healthherbalclinic.weebly.com) and purchased the parkinson's herbal formula. I received the parkinson's herbal treatment via courier and immediately commenced usage, i only used the herbal remedy for 7 weeks all my symptoms were unbelievably reversed, i did another series of test i was confirmed free of parkinson's. Visit (www.healthherbalclinic.weebly.com) or email (healthherbalclinic@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful post i received the herbs weeks ago and it has worked greatly thank you

      Delete
  3. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease a year ago at the age of 68. For several months I had noticed tremors in my right hand and the shaking of my right foot when I was sitting. My normally beautiful cursive writing was now small cramped printing. And I tended to lose my balance. Neurologist had me walk down the hall and said I didn't swing my right arm. I had never noticed! I was in denial for a while as there is no history in my family of parents and five older siblings, but now accept I had classic symptoms. I was taking pramipexole (Sifrol), carbidopa/levodopa and Biperiden, 2 mg. and started physical therapy to strengthen muscles. nothing was really working to help my condition.I went off the Siferol (with the doctor’s knowledge) and started on parkinson’s herbal formula i ordered from Health Herbal Clinic, my symptoms totally declined over a 5 weeks use of the Parkinsons disease natural herbal formula. i am now almost 70 and doing very well, the disease is totally reversed!! Visit there website www . healthherbalclinic . net

    ReplyDelete